Thursday, June 28, 2007

TipidTip # 22 - Surf online for great travel deals. Or marry a flight attendant. (haha)



I am a wanna-be jetsetter. :) But until the day I marry The Boyfriend (who's a PAL flight steward), I would have to resort to cheap travel packages and deals online. :)

And I'm pretty good at it! I went to Bangkok, Bohol and Cagayan de Oro using my Mabuhay Miles and spent only a little for taxes. And what do you know, I get transferred to business class because well, I have "connections." Hahaha :)

So the next time you and your family go to US via Philippine Airlines, enroll yourself in the Mabuhay Miles program online because the redeemable miles would be about 7,000 miles already. And nothing beats flying with the flag carrier. (Loyalty!)

Anyway, as much as I want to fly PAL all the time, Miles do run out and I am still unemployed (and I am not yet Mrs. PAL flight steward). So the next best thing is to surf online for the latest travel deals and borrow my friends' Lonely Planet Travel On A Shoestring series (or just read it at FullyBooked Bonifacio High Street which is ginormous!).

I have found the cheapest way to go to Europe!!! My ultimate dream!!! OasisHongkong is one of the newest budget airline today. It will take you to London, one of the most expensive cities in the world. But what the heck, I can eat bread all the time and bring canned goods. I am not a TipidTips girl for nothing! Ha! :)
A one-way ticket for economy class costs only HKD 2955 (fares+taxes) or roughly P17,730! Europe is not an impossible dream after all!

Here's the website http://fly.oasishongkong.com/booking/search.aspx. We still have to go to Hong Kong but there's Cebu Pacific for that right?

Speaking of CebuPac, they have another on-going travel promo right now for China flights. P1888 for Manila to Shanghai and P888 for Manila to Macau, Guangzhou and Xiamen. Sale period is June28-July 4, travel period around September to December this year. I tried the Macau flight, it only amounted to P5,194! Woohoo! But I didn't book, as I'll be going someplace else come October. :)

Here are other travel websites that could help you look for the cheapest deal:
http://sidestep.com
http://cheapflights.com (for domestic travel within the US)

and and.. http://philippineairlines.com! Ipilit ba??? :)
Well, they have an ongoing buy1 take1 promo, but that is if you buy a First Class or Mabuhay Class ticket. For example, for Hong Kong, the ticket will set you back $888 but that's for two already, with all the luxury of business class. Not bad, eh? Go look at the page at http://www.philippineairlines.com/tempfiles/741.asp

Enjoy travelling!!!

3 comments:

LegallyChef said...

yung Q lang about Oasis is if you have to check out sa HK airport then check in again (might have to pay travel tax again!)

Then wala naman ata silang mileage plan, and if ever meron, limited lang yung mga flight locations niya!

The reason why we don't book with PAL is usually more expensive PLUS madami na nagkaproblem with delays and they don't really give you free tickets or cash up front for the inconvenience.

But may tipid tips din ako: check out mga budget airlines operating within the US because sometimes cheap yung fare nila because they use alternate airports so that might work for some people. Also ask for shorter validity periods if sure ka naman na uuwi ka before the ticket expires! Plus book with a big travel agency (like where I do) because they can give you a good price talaga.

tipidtips said...

sige sige, i'll try that :) you might want to give bart a few tips too.. her mom's going to the US (texas, so walang PAL) and is looking around for the best deal :) thanks lorr!

LZN said...

my mom works for PAL, hahah, so i have no idea how much ticket prices are since we've always flown free. so ultimate travel tipid na nga yung marry someone who works for an airline, hahahah...