Friday, June 1, 2007

Tipid Tip # 9 - Get a Sun phone.


No, I'm not in any way an employee of Sun Cellular nor did they pay me to write this post. But I am a true believer. :)

I am a telebabad person. I need to talk to The Boyfriend everyday just so I would know what went on with his day and I can tell him what happened with mine. Since I'm living in a dorm right now with no phone line (but with DSL! *grins*), it became a potential problem. But armed with two Sun Cellular phones, the problem was solved before it even started!

Here's how: The Boyfriend got a postpaid line - P350/month for unlimited Sun to Sun calls and texts plus 250 free texts to other networks - and that comes with a free LG phone. I got a prepaid sim card for myself - P100 one-time purchase. Sometimes I buy P150 regular load that will last me two months or not buy prepaid credits at all! He calls me and we talk. If I need to talk to him, I dial his number and "ring" his phone to signal him to call me. Or I text him using my Globe number to call me. When we get his bill, his usage is usually worth P4,000! But since there is a "discount" (as they term it in the bill) of about P3,650, he just pays the rate he signed up for!

Keeping the romance alive = P350/month = TipidTip!!!

Sure beats waiting for the PLDT men to install that landline.

No comments: