Sunday, June 10, 2007

TipidTip # 15 - Ipadala mo! (Xend it!)


Yihee. Loyalty!

I am very happy at the ease and convenience of courier services in Metro Manila nowadays. Whenever I need to give something to a friend or submit a research paper to Diliman, I just ship it via courier. I don't spend on gas. I don't waste time. In short, TipidTip!

Moreover, having an online business (check out http://bagsbuddy.multiply.com/! dali! :D), it's very hassle-free to sell my bag organizers since I don't have to meet with my buyers one by one. They just send payment via Gcash or bank deposit and I just ship their orders via Xend Express (895-XEND).

For a one-day delivery within Metro Manila, it costs only P50 for the 1st half-kilo. And the best part is, I don't have to leave home because they pick up the items from my house! Yup, in all my pambahay glory. Instead of me shelling out money for gas and my buyer shelling out money for gas or fare (sometimes food also!), my buyer just shoulders the P50 and stays in the comfort of her own home too. (Documents go for P40 only.)

There is a problem with this set up, however. Sometimes, when there are many pick-ups, they arrive at my house very late already. At one time, they came by at nine o'clock in the evening! Poor Xend men. No family life at all!

Anyway, they have generally been pleasant and efficient. No problems YET on missing deadlines or losing items in the delivery. I hope it stays that way.

Take note, however, that there is another courier company offering similar services (pick-up and delivery) as Xend. At way lower prices! OCS charges only P36 for the first half-kilo within Metro Manila. Grabe, how are they making money when their services are soooo cheap?! But why should I concern myself with these things? Let's just be thankful there's a cheaper alternative, right? :)

No comments: