Monday, June 25, 2007

TipidTip # 20 - Renew your driver's license at LTO's Driver's License Renewal Centers (DLRC).


Can you guys believe that The Boyfriend had been driving around the metropolis with an expired license for more than a month?! Eeeep! Good thing he's a cautious driver, he didn't have an encounter with the MMDA during that time.

When I asked my mom how the state of affairs was in the LTO Southern Licensing Extension Office in Las Pinas when she renewed her license last month, she said it was a horrendous experience. There were a lot of people there and the process took more than half a day. But at least she picked up a valuable Time Tipidtip there!

Take a look at the Official Receipt of your driver's license. If it is still typewritten, bad news, you'd have to brave the crowd in the LTO offices. But if it is a computer print-out already, you can save time and energy and just go to LTO's Driver's License Renewal Centers. The renewal process will only take you about half an hour! Most can be found in malls so it's convenient and most likely airconditioned. :)

Got this list from the official LTO website. (http://www.lto.gov.ph)

Alabang Towncenter Ma. Adriana C. Cabileza Unit 2 motortown 2 Ayala, Muntinlupa City 7:30 am - 6:30 pm Monday – Thursday

Ayala MRT Romeo Jose M. Dela Cuesta Ayala MRT Station :00 am - 6:00 pm Monday – Friday

Araneta Square Mall Ma. Jane R. Cabarrubias 4F Araneta Square Mall, Kalookan City

Farmers Plaza Q.C. Leonardo Ongtangco, Jr. 3/f Farmers Plaza Cubao, Quezon City :00 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Thursday

Metro Point Kiosk (Taft EDSA) Diosdado Jorge, Jr. Unit 416 4th flr. Metro point Mall, Edsa, corner Taft Ave. Pasay City 9:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Thursday

SM Davao Edmund B. Arocha Davao DLRC SM Davao, Ecoland, Davao City 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm Saturday

SM Kiosk Cebu Jean Encarnacion D. Aying Cebu DLRC, SM Cebu 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday

I was driving by Libis and I saw that SM Hypermart in Pasig also offers driver's license renewal.

Perhaps, soon, before we know it, paying real property taxes would be as easy as an online fund transfer. :) I wish I wish!!!

2 comments:

Lia Amanda said...

I drove around with an expired license for 3 years, hehehe!

And the only time I renewed my license was when I got caught for coding.

I managed to convince the policeman that I didn't have my license because my "wallet got stolen" :P

tipidtips said...

oh my lia!! 3 years!! :) pero ang galeng ng excuse mo ha, believable!