Wednesday, June 6, 2007

TipidTip # 13 - Don't be a drugstore-brand snob.


It's hard to believe but sometimes the cosmetic brands that really work can be found in your trusty neighborhood drugstore. Maybe it's because these brands come from big companies which devote a lot of their budget for research and development. Or, as in the case of Filipino brands, they engage in reverse engineering so they can make a cheaper version of the imported labels. Yep, we're tuso that way. ^_^

As a TipidTip girl, I can waste hours inside a drugstore checking counters and counters of cheap products and makeup and not get bored. A major dilemma? To buy or not to buy the new Ever Bilena Shea Body Butter that looks convincingly part of the Body Shop family. Haha!

Here's a few of my top TipidTip picks (and when I say Tipid, I mean tipid):

Myra-E facial moisturizer (P75)-- works wonders! My face feels supple and it smells powdery too!
Maybelline dream matte mousse foundation (P550)-- perfect make-up base. Sulit because one pot would last for months.
San-San foundation (P79)-- amazingly, just one swipe absorbs all my blemishes and makes me look flawless!
Nichido final powder (P129)-- to make sure all your make-up application is set in place.
Maybelline fruity lipgloss (P199)-- has a minty taste and doesn't come off easily.
Careline lipgloss (P50)-- not too glossy which I like, comes in great colors too.
Maybelline mascara (P300)-- any kind works really well.
Fashion 21 eyeshadow (P50)-- comes in duo tones so you don't have to think which color to blend with.
Ellips body lotion (P60)-- a rip-off of the Neutrogena body oil. Feels and smells exactly the same.
Ever Bilena (P150)-- shea body butter. Thick and creamy. You won't feel guilty slathering it all over.
Johnson & Johnson moisturizing soap (P10)-- did you know that the best germicidal soap is J&J is not Safeguard?? I read that somewhere, I forgot already where. Plus it smells really nice too!
Sunsilk Repair Shampoo and Conditioner (P80 each)-- dynamic duo that takes care of my frizzy hair.
Citre Shine Anti-Frizz serum (P369)-- can't leave home without putting this on my hair! (the one selling in Watson's for Buy1 Take1 for P129 works too!)

If you know of great drugstore products, let me know!

No comments: