Wednesday, June 13, 2007

TipidTip # 16 - Use the Starbucks napkin as oil-control paper.


There's one more excuse to drop by your favorite Starbucks branch -- to get stock of their napkins. Their brown recycled napkin absorbs very well oil, whether in your face or in your fried food. I tried it myself and it worked!

I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich last week. Since I fried the ham, it was soaked in cooking oil and its own oil. Eww. Luckily, I had some Starbucks tissue inside my bag so I took them out to blot the oil. It absorbed the oil quickly and didn't disintegrate into pieces, which would make my ham taste like paper.

So, seeing its effects, I tried it on my face. I used a new one, of course. :) I saw oil stain marks on the tissue, which showed that it worked indeed. It was pretty much like the kind you see in your Gatsby Oil Control Film after using it.

Now, everytime I go to Starbucks, I make sure to take an extra wad of tissue for my oil-control purposes. Or for some other emergencies. Hehe! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree... but this is precisely why some branches opted to use the plain white napkins instead of the brown ones with their logo... kasi laging nauubos, kinukuha ng mga tao... hehehe... That's added expense to them. Careful...

tipidtips said...

really??? there in the US??? at least dito di pa naman yan natutunugan ng Starbucks, kaya ngayon pa lang magho-hoard nako :)

Anonymous said...

hindi dito sa US, diyan sa Pinas. wala naman pakialamanan dito eh, atsaka okay lang naman dito yun. anyways, di naman naiisip ng mga tao dito yun no, kasi makakabili naman sila ng sarili nila. I remember lalo nung College days diyan, nagpalit sila ng plain white napkins lang, alam mo nga kasi Pinoy, nag-uuwi ng maraming napkins. kaya nga sabi ko sa iyo, wag ka masyado nagpo-promote ng ganyan, kasi baka feeling ng Starbucks e para na ring ninanakawan sila, hehehe... extra expense kasi yun e, alam mo naman Pinas...

LZN said...

truly, truly agree with the starbucks paper napkins being good for absorbing oil. :-)

ako when i heard those brown napkins, i just think na coffee's overpriced to hell di ba, so really, kasama na sa price maghoard nun. hahah... justify ba daw. oh well.

tipidtips said...

pezfrio: hahaha, true true. :) sa sunod yung apron naman nila kunin ko. joke! :)