Saturday, June 2, 2007

Tipid Tip # 10 - Give your broken lipstick a new release on life.


Many of us have suffered the all-too familiar drama of breaking that expensive lipstick when we’re putting on make up in a rush. Or when we absent-mindedly put the cap back on and we forget that we haven't twisted it back to its original position.


I have good news for you. You don't have to throw them away and waste the money you shelled out for them. You can give your broken lipstick a new release on life.

Find an old make-up pot where you can put that cut-up lipstick. Use your lip brush or index finger to apply to your lips. It's small and portable. And it doesn't look too tacky when you get it out from your bag to re-apply in the girl's comfort room. I used my old Maybelline mousse bronzer container since it's made of glass and has a cover. I even have ready an old Burt's Bees LipBalm container waiting for the next victim.

I found another tip online.
"Simply take off the broken portion with a tissue, then slowly wave a lit match under the broken piece of lipstick. When it's melted a bit, put it back on the base, swivel it down and put it in the fridge -- uncovered -- for 30 minutes."

My churchmate Sarah Camille taught me another trick. She turned it into a lipgloss! What to do: Buy pure petroleum jelly in drugstores. A small pot of Apollo costs P29, I think. Put some of it in a big spoon or a metal measuring cup. To add a dash of color, get the cut-up lipstick and put it in the same container. Heat it for like a few seconds over a candle. Make sure to guard it at all costs so that it doesn't reach boiling point. Mix it using a stirrer while still melted. Voila! Your own lipgloss! To be safer, you can probably use also the glass container of your old lipbalms and steam it on top of boiling water.

D-I-Y projects spell F-U-N. and T-I-P-I-D.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know heating it will kinds melt it so it will be easier to put it back together. just isnt really the first instinct. lol. thanks for the tip! :D

tipidtips said...

i know what you mean! i just realized that heating thing a few days ago! haha :) thanks for dropping by. btw, saw your blog. looks really cool :)