Sunday, May 27, 2007

TipidTip # 6 - Don't throw your white papers.


As a former law student, I have amassed an unbelievably great wealth.. of white papers. If only it were money, I'd go and make my dream come true and put up a charity foundation. :)

But since it's not, I thought of making sure I maximized my P 0.50/page law school expenses.

Here are some of what I did with my "wealth":

I gathered them and sold them at a junk shop for P7/kilo. After 1 semester worth of SCRA photocopies, I managed to get P1,000 and bought Yellow Cab pizza for the family. May pera sa basura. *burp*

I compiled them and slathered red padding glue (from National Bookstore, around P50) on the side, making my own notebook. I also cut them up into small pieces (length-wise and cross-wise) and made notepads to be placed near the phone.

I used the back portion for my personal xeroxing and printing needs. No sense selling them to the junk shop without first using both sides of the paper.

There are waste markets going on, the most recent one I got wind of was in SM Southmall last May 19. I think they replace your used white paper with a fresh ream. Now, that's an incentive to recycle!

Remember that a lot of trees died so we can use them for our writing purposes. Let us prolong their life. Let us not let them die in vain.

No comments: