Wednesday, May 23, 2007

TipidTip #3 Don't buy frames from optical shops.


If you are planning on buying a new pair of eyeglasses and have no qualms about wearing plastic frames, here's a TipidTip for you.

Eyeglass frames in optical shops can get expensive, especially if you go for the designer brands. A quick trip to several optical shops showed that even generic eyeglasses go for P1,000 to P1,500, and none of them appealed to me. Add the cost of the multi-coated lens and the price will be double.*

So I went to i2i and chose a frame that suited my taste. (Some friends shared that they bought theirs from SM Department Store.) I chose a champagne-reddish frame and shelled out P199 only. Yippee!!! I went to the nearby optical shop and had lens made for my new glasses. Better to be careful and ask the optometrist what kind they can work with as I think this works only for flat-front glasses. A word of caution, they will discourage you and tell you they have no warranty for the frame and that it might get bubbles when heated. I paid them no attention, haha. And I was successful! :)

* multi-coated lens go for P1,000.

No comments: