Thursday, May 24, 2007

TipidTip #4 Make your own handsoap.


When I take a bath, I scrub myself clean using loofah and soap. After some time, the soap shrinks into a tiny insignificant particle (exagg! haha!) which I find no use for. So I just throw it to the trashcan or break it into smaller pieces and make the loofah work doubletime.

I came across a way to prolong my soap's life when I was browsing through an old magazine. You can make your own handsoap! TipidTip again! Collect all these small bits and pieces of soap in your house. I'm sure there are some still left on the soapdish, right beside the big plump Safeguard. Get an old lotion pump bottle or buy one from Watson's or Health and Beauty. Put these soap bits inside the bottle and add a sufficient amount of water, enough to "melt" the soap. This will take days. So just add soap bits whenever you find one lying around and add water again. Just shake it whenever you see it. Soon, it will form into a thick consistency resembling liquid soap. If it's too thick, add water and shake again. This process won't actually take too much time. You can do it after putting conditioner on your hair and leaving it on for a few minutes for maximum effect.

Place the bottle near the sink for handwashing purposes. Or near the toilet bowl for other activities. You know. ^_~

No comments: