Saturday, July 28, 2007

TipidTip # 34 - Remove excess weight from your car.


The trend nowadays is to go for fuel economy. Well, that's more of a necessity than a trend but i checked dictionary.com and trend means "the general course or prevailing tendency" so i rest my case. :)

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that excess weight in your car translates to more energy consumed. I researched online and a lot of articles say that you will consume an extra 2% of fuel for every one hundred pounds of excess weight in your vehicle. So, to save on gas money, clean out your trunk and remove unnecessary stuff. This is especially applicable to girls who make their cars their home sweet home.

Now, excuse me while I take out my law books galore (100 pounds agad!) and my boxes of shoes stacked in my trunk for those emergency moments that *eeeep!* I was wearing the wrong shoes to match my outfit pala!

No comments: