Wednesday, July 11, 2007

TipidTip # 28 - Be like Tyra Banks and embrace the wonders of petroleum jelly. Just not too much. :P


I made recent dash to Shopwise to stock up on eyeliners galore (cheapy cheap ones so stock up as in all sorts of colors). I was browsing through the aisles and saw a small pot of Apollo petroleum jelly. I snapped it up, having no use of it in mind. Since it was around P24 only, it wasn't really a think-twice moment.

But it turned out to be a really great purchase!

Upon arriving at the dorm, I read the fine print on the pot and saw its many uses. And I quote --
* moisturizes dry skin overnight
* soothes chapped skin and lips
* soothes minor burns
* helps prevent diaper rash
* soothes minor scrapes
* removes eye makeup

The last one really got me. So apparently there was, in my subconscious, a reason why I picked it up from the aisle at the time when I was buying eyeliners -- so I have something to remove it with. Galeng, God works in mysterious ways. :)

I tried it and it's really effective. I wiped it off with Giggles Baby Wipes and my face became free of gunk. Baby wipes or a warm damp washcloth (bimpo) work also sans petroleum jelly but the latter removes the eye stuff easily, with no damage to the sensitive skin around your eyes.

See for yourself how Tyra Banks went crazy over petroleum jelly. As in crazy. Like "Are you out of your head and into the outer space?" crazy. Hahaha.

(the nicer video's no longer available. hmph.)
or try this sketch parody:

9 comments:

Jillsabs said...

hey roomie!

you can embed the videos with your post. look for the link on the youtube page (it's on the right side)then just cut and paste it on blogger

tipidtips said...

ish working!!! yey!!! thanks jillness :)

Unknown said...

I read from a magazine before...

to remove dry skin on lips, put petroleum jelly 15 mins before taking a shower.

in the shower, turn the heater on. think sauna-ing your lips. lol.

after another 15 mins, wash with warm water (scrubbing is optional).

then.. wallah! hahaha

tipidtips said...

might try that one of these days. our common cr in the dorm has this ultra-modern heater which we all lurv. thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey there. (again) :)

i noticed your site isn't on my blog roll pala. i must've forgotten to put it back when i edited my template.

i'll link to you, okay? :)

LZN said...

petroleum jelly is the bomb! :) i can understand why tyra went crazy over it (well, not THAT crazy hahah). a big tub can last you years.

use them on your feet at night before you sleep then wear socks, tapos the next morning ang ganda ganda ng paa mo :)

tipidtips said...

angel: thanks, will link up to you as well :)

pezfrio: my best friend kath has been doing that since forever and grabe tlg, drool-worthy paa nya.. tas lagi pa shang naka-closed shoes sa work so amputi-puti tlg :)

LegallyChef said...

plus when you start putting makeup, first thing is to put a layer on lips. Para by the time you put lipstick or gloss, super soft na siya. just wipe with a towel para pati dead skin mawala. hehehe

tipidtips said...

lorr, onga noh.. that's a great idea! will do that na nga from now on. putting lipstick on dry lips makes it look cakey, tas pag kaka-apply mo lang ng gloss, it looks gooey naman.. this is a good compromise :)